- April 01, 2021 Call for donations to the Student Support Program for campus life with COVID-19 (Until March 31, 2022) . Your donation will be used to support campus life of Nagoya University Students under the COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 01, 2021 We finished acceptance of the COVID-19 Emergency Student Support Fund on March 31, 2021 as originally scheduled. We sincerely thank all donors for their understanding and support.
- January 12, 2021 We’d like to announce the establishment of new Special Fund “Supporting program for Human Resources on Environmental Studies (Graduate School of Environmental Studies)” and humbly ask for your support.
- November 10, 2020 To celebrate the addition of a new name plate of donors for Nagoya University Foundation, we unveiled the name plate at the Toyoda Auditorium, where the plate is displayed (October 20, 2020). We have made a video to express our gratitude to everyone who has supported us thus far. Please find the recording of the unveiling ceremony with a message from the President.
- November 09, 2020 We attended the Kiwanis One Day Student Support Fundraising Event (October 23, 2020) organized by Nagoya Kiwanis Club and received kind donations from the Club.
- October 15, 2020 We have reached a total of 500 donor companies (organizations). We sincerely thank all donors for their understanding and support.
What is the Nagoya University Foundation?
The Nagoya University Foundation was established in 2006, to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the University in 2009.
The Foundation was established with the philosophy to build a stable basis to maintain and further revitalize the good traditions of Nagoya University, to create a vibrant academic and research environment at the University, and to develop courageous intellectuals who would lead society in the 21st century. Since its establishment, Nagoya University has not forgotten to thank all of its supporters and has continued to carefully adhere to this philosophy.
Nagoya University was established with great support from the local community. The predecessor school of the University was founded in 1871 (Meiji 4). Donations from local residents supported the establishment of higher educational institutes in the Nagoya area such as the Medical College, the Eighth Higher School, and the Nagoya City Nagoya Commercial High School.
Types of donations
Nagoya University FoundationSupport for Nagoya University
Kind donations given to the main fund of the Nagoya University Foundation have been and will be accumulated as a stable fund for the future. We will continue to cherish the accumulated support and use only the investment profit from the fund to support scholarship projects, international exchange projects, and young researcher grants without reducing the principal amount.
Special FundsSupport for a specific school, graduate school, or project
In addition to the main fund of the Foundation, we also have wide-ranging special funds among which donors can designate the purpose of their support.
These funds will use the donated amounts directly for each activity, rather than using investment profits.
Eco Gift for Nagoya UniversitySupport the University with items no longer in use
You can donate items that you had used in everyday life but are no longer using to support Nagoya University. The donated items will be assessed by a partner company of the University and the profit produced by selling the items will be donated to Nagoya University.
Hear from Our Supported Students
Japanese Study Abroad Students
School of Informatics and Sciences 4th Year (as of the time of interview)
Uppsala University, Sweden
G30 Undergraduate Student
School of Letters 4th Year (as of the time of interview)
Geta no Hanao Scholarship Students
Graduate School of Engineering 2nd Year (as of the time of interview)